Executive Director, MPT, OCS
- Master of Physical Therapy – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certified Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (OCS)
- APTA Certified Clinical Instructor
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Immunology – UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Allen has been a member of the PTPN board of Directors since 2011. PTPN is the largest and oldest Physical Therapy network in the Country, with over 1000 offices and 3500 Physical Therapists.
Allen has completed long term residencies in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation) from Kaiser Vallejo Rehab Center and Orofacial and TMD from the UCSF Center for Orofacial and Temporomandibular Dysfunction Center. Over the span of his career, Allen has taken over 180 courses, residencies, and workshops in Physical Therapy treatment and philosophy. He has also taken two dozen workshops and courses in marketing and business management. Allen has taught over 2 dozen workshops and courses across the country in Aquatic Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, and ethical business development. He was appointed CPTA Ethics Investigator for Northern California, was a member of the CPTA Ethics Committee, and is on the CPTA subcommittee for continuing education course approval. Allen is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), a national professional organization of physical therapists, for over two decades.
Allen accepted a teaching position at Albany High School affiliated with the Contra Costa ROP program. He was an instructor for a Sports Medicine class as well as spent time treating the injured athletes at AHS.
Allen is a cancer survivor since 2005, and continues to mentor other physical therapists and PT students . He enjoys treating young children as well as being present for end stage cancer patients. Allen continues to evaluate and treat patients, he also finds time to write articles and teach courses for clinicians. His approach on the use of weights versus buoyancy, “Weight and See the Results” was published in “Physical Therapy Products”, January/February 2004.
Allen’s other special interests include songwriting and music production with accomplished musicians www.Gen-7.net, infrequent hiking, weight lifting, & promoting “green” living by using solar power, converted biodiesel and hybrid vehicles for personal and commercial use. He has one of the only waste vegetable powered H1 Hummers in the world, which he wrecks every so often when off-roading. He has also managed to become a martial arts enthusiast, and has built a state of the art Marital Arts Studio called the “MATRx” (Martial Arts Training Treatment) so he can share his passion with others and promote a safer way to do combat arts under the guidance of gifted instructors like Matt Lucas (www.openmatt.com). Allen has also become more involved in building construction and maintenance and has also starting up a small company to help keep PTI clinics looking good and safe for employees and patients.
He is a very involved father of two great young adults, and lives in Marin County with his wife.
Marshawn De Mons
DPT, Chief Executive Officer
- Graduated from Santa Clara University with a BA in Communications in 2001 and went on to graduate from Loma Linda University (LLU) with a DPT in Physical Therapy in 2007.
Marshawn began coaching basketball for children a year ago and hopes to continue this form of volunteering in the future. Marshawn is currently the Clinic Manager in the El Cerrito office at PTI, over-seeing eleven clinicians throughout the week, as well as treating a full patient load daily. Marshawn will be working this year to advance her professional career by taking more con-ed and eventually in the near future an advanced certification program. Professional interests include the treatment of shoulders and hands.
- Graduate from UCSF|SFSU
In his off time, Lee enjoys playing harmonica, lifting weights, martial arts, and dreaming of ways to make the delivery of healthcare more effective and efficient.
PT, NC, Senior Clinician, Orinda & El Cerrito DPT
- 25 years of Physical Therapy experience
- Certified Nutrition Consultant through Bauman College
- Certified Instructor, Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts
- Certified Tibetan Yoga and Meditation instructor, Nyingma Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Certified Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner
MPT, Pilates Program Director, Aquatic Program Manager
- Masters of Physical Therapy – Mount St. Mary’s College, Los Angeles CA
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance – NYU, Tish School of Arts, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, Chang-Gung University, TaoYuan, Taiwan
- Master of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
During his leisure time, Han likes to go running, hiking, and Kayaking. He also enjoys searching the rehabilitative journals to find out the most current evidence-based practice for his patients.